Position your camera as recommended in the camera placement guide and/or video overview.
Once you install the camera, adjust, and verify that your protection zone is correct.
Test your cameras by walking into the camera’s field of view, as you expect a potential suspect to do so.
Verify that the motion detector triggers.
In your app, verify that the event is escalated and reviewed by a guard.
- Check your system for nighttime/night-vision performance by testing it at night using the same steps as above.
- Wall reflections and cameras pointed toward an empty field or space can affect the performance of your system as well as the video quality.
- If your camera still does not trigger because the night vision is poor, consider adding a spotlight to enhance nighttime performance.
- Check out our KB on How to Improve Night Vision
- The camera’s motion sensor is most sensitive to side-to-side movement, so try to position each camera so that subjects walk across the field of view (side-to-side) rather than towards or away.
- If your camera does not trigger, try adjusting your camera (by either adjusting it upward or downward or tilting it slightly to the left or right) and then test it again. Continue adjusting camera angle/placement until it triggers (and reference camera placement guide).
- Please see for high wind and freeway placement: https://deepsentinelsupport.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/8943218438675/en-us?brand_id=360001925374