Weak signals can limit Camera placement even with a Range Extender.
If your local Wi-Fi network is reliable and available where a Camera is positioned, then a Camera can be connected directly.
The connection needs to be completed via the updated app. For best practices remove the camera from the mount and bring it close to the hub. Do not connect all cameras to your home network. Only connect the cameras that have the weakest signals.
- Select Settings, from the Home Screen
- Select Device Manager
- The Device Manager will display all your devices: cameras, hub, and WiFi extenders
- Select the camera that you want to connect to your local Wi-Fi Network
- Select the Camera/Settings Wheel
- This screen will display camera details: connected to (name of the hub), battery percentage, edit protection zone. Audio: Siren Test, and Speaker Test
- Select Change Connection
- Displays Connection Options
- Select Use Local WiFi
- Select Continue to Check the Wi-Fi Signal
- WiFi Requirements
- You can only pair a Camera to your local Wi-Fi network and it needs to be the same network that the Hub is attached to.
- Check that your phone is connected to your local Wi-Fi network before continuing
- Select Continue
- In the Wi-Fi Login screen, Enter the login details for your local Wi-Fi network: Network Name (SSID) and Network Password
- You can only pair the Camera to the same local network as your Hub
- Select Connect
- The connection should be successful