The USB Extreme Battery offers several advantages over other batteries in the market.
The battery remains fully functional in temperatures as low as -40ºF (-40ºC) to ensure your camera stays powered even in the coldest climates. The high-performing USB Extreme Battery can be charged at temperatures as low as -4ºF (-20ºC), so in most environments, it is unnecessary to bring indoors to warm before charging.
The included USB charger and charge cables allow the USB Extreme Battery to be plugged in directly charged by an electrical outlet. This eliminates the need to swap batteries in and out of the camera.
Your cameras will always be charged and ready.
Remove the Camera Battery Door
The USB Extreme Battery does not require the battery door attached to the Deep Sentinel camera, so it needs to be removed. The USB Extreme Battery will not fit into the camera without first removing the battery door. Follow the steps below:
- Remove the camera from the mount.
- Twist open the battery door and remove the battery (if inserted).
- Locate the screw that holds the hinge in position.
- Use the included screwdriver to remove this screw. You may want to keep the battery door and the screw for future use.
Using the USB Extreme Battery
1. Align the electrical contacts and carefully insert the USB Extreme Battery into the camera.
2. Rotate the top of the USB Extreme Battery clockwise, so it is held into the battery. Do not overtighten.
3. Open the rubber dust cap on the Micro USB connector.
4. Connect one of the included charge cables to the USB Extreme Battery. Choose the cable length that best suits your installation.
5. Connect the other end of the charger cable to the USB Charger into an electrical outlet.
6. You can check the USB Extreme Battery is charging using the Deep Sentinel app.
How to Install
There are several different options for routing the charging cable. You can run the cable line to an outlet inside your home through an existing vent or hole. As the cable has a flat profile, it can also be routed through a window or doorway while allowing these to be closed.
If you don't have an existing opening or convenient window, you'll need to drill a hole to pass the cable inside. Keep in mind how you will conceal the cable line on both the outside and inside the home. When the install is complete, finish the job by sealing the hole with caulk and use the included cable clips to secure the cable, so it does not pose a hazard.
To ensure optimal safety and performance:
- Store spare batteries in a cool, dry, ventilated area.
- Check that the camera battery compartment is dry and free of debris before replacing a battery.
- Insert the battery gently. If there is resistance, check for an obstruction.
- Do not place batteries in a pocket or other receptacle, especially one containing metal objects.
- Do not disassemble, cut, crush, puncture, short-circuit, dispose of in fire, or expose the battery to temperatures above 140ºF (60ºC).
In the case of a battery leaking and electrolyte coming into contact with skin, rinse with water immediately. If eye exposure occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician immediately.