The objective of this document is to provide a brief technical overview of the following POE hub components:
- CPU: Intel Core I7 11700k
- Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H570M-Plus/CSM
- Memory: 1x8GB 3200Mhz DDR4 DIMM
- GPU: ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 6 GB
- SSD: Kingston A400 120gb SA400M8/120G
- HDD: Western Digital WD42PURZ 4TB Purple Surveillance
- Power Supply: EVGA GT750 Gold Power supply
- Case: Fractal Core 1000
Links to websites from where you can purchase the components are also included.
1. CPU: Intel Core I7 11700k
Figure 1: Intel Core I7 11700k
The Intel Core I7 11700k is a Central Processing Unit (CPU). The CPU is the computer's " brain " and performs many data processing operations.
- Total cores: 8
- Processor base frequency: 3.6 GHz
- Cache: 16 MB
- Thermal Design Power (TDP): 125 W
- Package size: 37.5 mm x 37.5 mm
2. Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H570M-Plus/CSM
Figure 2: ASUS PRIME H570M-Plus/CSM
The ASUS PRIME H570M-Plus/CSM is a motherboard. The motherboard is the component that ties the computer's components together in one spot and allows them to talk to each other. Without it, none of the computer components, such as the CPU, GPU, or hard drive, could interact.
- Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
- Memory: 4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB
- Chipset: H570
- Storage: Supports 2 x M.2 slots and 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports
3. Memory: 1x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 DIMM
Figure 3: 8 GB RAM
Random access memory (RAM) is one of the most important components in determining your system’s performance. RAM gives applications a place to store and access data on a short-term basis. It stores the information your computer is actively using so that it can be accessed quickly.
- Capacity: 8 GB
- Clock speed: 3200 MHz
- Pins: 288
4. GPU: ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 6 GB
Figure 4: ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 6 GB
The ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 is a Graphics Processing Unit or GPU. A GPU is a specialized processor originally designed to accelerate graphics rendering. GPUs can simultaneously process many pieces of data, making them useful for machine learning, video editing, and gaming applications.
- Graphic Engine. NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060.
- Bus Standard. PCI Express 3.0.
- OpenGL. OpenGL®4.6.
- Video Memory. 6GB GDDR6.
- Engine clock: OC Mode - GPU Boost Clock: 1785 MHz, GPU Base Clock: 1395 MHz
- Memory Speed. 14000 MHz.
- Memory Interface. 192-bit
5. SSD: Kingston A400 120GB SA400M8/120G
Figure 5: Kingston A400 SSD
The Kingston A400 is a solid-state drive (SSD). SSDs are a new generation of storage devices used in computers. SSDs use flash-based memory, which is much faster than a traditional mechanical hard disk. Upgrading to an SSD is one of the best ways to speed up your computer.
- Form factor: 2.5" & M.2 2280
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Power consumption: 0.195W Idle / 0.279W Avg / 0.642W (MAX) Read / 1.535W (MAX) Write.
6. HDD: Western Digital WD42PURZ 4TB Purple Surveillance
Figure 6: Western Digital WD42PURZ 4TB hard drive
The Western Digital 42PURZ is a SATA hard drive that is optimized for video surveillance applications. SATA (or Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) is the default interface for most desktop and laptop hard drives. These are rotary hard drives with spinning platters and a moving needle that writes data to consecutive sectors on each platter.
- Capacity: 4 TB
- Form factor: 3.5 inch
- Cache: 256 MB
- Buffer to host throughput: 6 Gbps
- Average power consumption during read/write: 4.6 Watts
7. Power Supply: EVGA 750 GT Gold Power Supply
Figure 7: EVGA 750 GT
The EVGA 750 GT is a power supply unit (PSU). A power supply unit converts mains AC to low-voltage regulated DC power for the internal components of a computer.
- Power input: 100-240V~, 10-5A, 60/50 Hz
- Total output: 750W @ 50°C
- Dimension: 86mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 150mm (L)
8. Case: Fractal Core 1000
Figure 8: Fractal Core 1000
The Fractal Core 100 is a computer case. A computer case, also known as a computer chassis, is the enclosure that contains most of the components of a personal computer. Cases are usually constructed from steel, aluminum, and plastic.
- Drive bay capacity: 2x 3.5" HDD or 3x 2.5" SSD or 1x 3.5" HDD + 1x 2.5" SSD
- FDD slot: 1
- Front ports: 1x USB 3.0 with internal connector, 1x USB 2.0, 1x 3.5 mm audio in (mic), 1x 3.5 mm audio out (headphone), Power button with LED, HDD LED, Reset button
- Dimensions: 175 x 355 x 420 mm
- Weight: 4.1 kg