Using a PoE Managed switch is recommended if:
- You want the option to remote diagnose hub and camera issues.
- Remote trouble shoot the site that you install.
- It is recommended if you also have a long drive to the site.
- And /or local tech support is not that prevalent at that particular site.
- If the network is a bit more complicated and a NVR is also involved in the install.
Using a Managed PoE swtich will allow you to monitor traffic, speed and other parameters in the network without being on site. As listed above, you also have a good bit of remote trouble shooting you can also utilize.
Currently, we do NOT sell managed switches only a PoE unmanaged switch. That would be something if you chose you would need to source and purchase.